Ceci’s Pickleball Tournament

Arianna Hooker, News Editor

Operation Lotus and Newsome Pickleball Club will host a fundraiser for Ceci Ayule, a seven-year-old local FishHawk resident who was recently diagnosed with Leukemia. Ayule’s diagnosis was heard around the neighborhood, and the community wanted to support her in any way possible by hosting the first FishHawk Pickleball Tournament to raise money for her college fund. 

Ayule’s mom works as an extended learning program teacher at Newsome High School. Ayule is undergoing treatment now, and the event will go towards raising money for her college fund after she has overcome Leukemia. 

The event is raising money through participants in the tournament, accepting donations, and sponsors. Sponsorships between $50 and $200 are available. 

The Newsome Pickleball Club is holding this fundraiser to make it easier for the Ayule family to provide for their needs during these difficult times. The pickleball tournament will have two separate groups based on age: an 18 and under group and an adult group.

The fundraiser will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Hawk Park Clubhouse, 5702 Hawkpark Boulevard. Registration and tickets can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/499117081627