Newsome Is Putting On a Play That You Won’t Want to Miss

Newsome students put on a classic play to Beauty and the Beast

Thalia Nieves, Reporter

Newsome will be hosting the classic romance fairytale Beauty and the Beast May 5th through the 7th.

Mrs. White and Mr.Bogue have teamed up to make the infamous tale come to life in the form of a play.  The play will feature classic songs from the movie sung by our very own chorus group, beautiful costumes, and detailed scenes.

The main characters Belle (The Beauty) and Adam (The Beast) will be played by Lillian Kraack and Hayes Ubillos. The cast members have contributed many long hours of hard work and dedication to make this play as great as possible. They have also devoted the majority of their Saturdays to help build the perfect stage. They have only been rehearsing for a month, but already made an incredible start.

Mrs. White states that this is by far the best theater experience she’s ever had. They have not encountered any problems with anything as of right now, everything has been smooth sailing.

If you are wanting a ticket, they are on sale at http://www.newsometheater.com – they have already sold over six hundred dollars’ worth of tickets and the play is not until May! If you’re thinking about going you might want to hurry and get your tickets now. Adult tickets are $15.00 and Students and seniors are $10.00.