Getting Serious With Gustavo

Wolftracks takes a look at Newsome’s 2016 Class Clown, Gustavo Larrea.

Zoe Aleksa, Reporter

GusThalia Nieves

There’s a reason Gustavo and gem both start with the letter G, the shining Gustavo Larrea has attended Newsome for four years now. Voted “Class Clown” by his adoring classmates, Larrea has an exceptionally humorous sense of humor. Larrea believes he was adorned with the title of the clown of the class because his friends took pity on him, though.

Larrea’s pride and joy is his facial hair. His facial hair is more than fashionable, it is functional. His facial hair can hold up to but not limited to four forks and and six straws. Larrea does not know what his future plans for his face hair are just yet, “It all depends on what happens February 12th.” (UF Decision day)

Larrea says he can not disclose who his Snapchat best friends are but he did share that his favorite activity is playing on plantations and his favorite law is the one that bans “cruel and unusual punishment”. His favorite snack would be dry rice and he calls his favorite dance move “The Jacob”. Larrea says he used to live off of small insects.

If Larrea was limited to bringing three yellow objects on a deserted island, he would choose “frozen urine, lemons, and pineapple juice”. Larrea does not wish to leave Newsome after graduation, even saying, “I’m not leaving Newsome”. If all goes as planned, Gustavo Larrea will be raising 16 children with his wife in ten years. After serious contemplation, he could not decide what he’d like his future wife’s name to be.
Larrea believes he’d be a venus flytrap if he had to be a flower. If forced to change Drew Kozlin’s first name to another past tense verb, he’d choose the verb “granted”. Larrea’s kind smile is ever present and always framed by his spectacular facial hair. Newsome High School will miss Gustavo Larrea but Larrea will most likely only miss Mr. Lindstrom.