Band Rises Up Once Again

Mari Faiello, Editor-In-Chief

The Newsome Band is one of the best bands in the county. They always rise up to the occasion no matter how difficult or unthinkable the outcome of success might be. This weekend was no different as the Wolves placed 1st in multiple captions at the Central Florida Marching Arts Competition.

The Wolves competed in a 5A Class which was a step up from their usual competition level of 4A due to SAT Testing that Saturday which caused them to opt for the later showtimes in the afternoon. With just a 131 member band, the Wolves were a little intimidated by the bands that were double or more in size.

The weekend started out on a high note and ended on an even more superior note when the Wolves advanced in the prelims and took home 1st in the finals with superior ratings in best visual, best general effect, and best music. They had two solid performances that helped them stand out amongst the other bands.

Coming up next will be their performance at the Homecoming football game this Friday against Steinbrenner where they will be able to perform the last minute of their number, finally concluding the entire show after months of practice and hard work. They are also excited that one of their own will be representing the band on Homecoming Court – Abby Hall. The Wolves will then travel to Delaware next week to take on another competition.

It’s a young band performing a challenging show, but they have risen up to the occasion so far and have not disappointed. Time will tell where their true talent lies as they advance in rankings throughout the remainder of their season. Mr. Miller, the Band director, also adds, “Thank you to the Newsome High School community for their support of the band. Good luck to varsity football on their football game this weekend!”