Join the Par-tee: Meet Erin O’Sullivan

Zoe Aleksa, Reporter

“Erin O’Sullivan is the kindest person at Newsome High School and she has a knack for golf,” says junior and close friend of Erin’s, Chris Stallings. Erin O’Sullivan is a legitimate star on and off the golf course. Golf season is here and Erin herself gave Newsome Wolf Tracks the inside scoop.

Newsome Girls Golf has, “lots of strong players this year,” according to O’Sullivan. Her passion for the sport is evident as she continues filling Wolf Tracks in. O’Sullivan says their biggest advantage is how close and supportive the entire team is. “There’s no I in team,” she adds. The girls have done great in the past few years and she looks forward to getting to practice on different types of courses as she believes that will help them improve this upcoming year.

O’Sullivan’s personal goals for the year? She strives to lower her scores and improve what her swing lacks. “It’s a mental game and a quiet game. It’s a lifelong sport,” says O’Sullivan. O’Sullivan’s advice to freshmen is to try out their first year because it’s important to, “build a passion for the sport”. O’Sullivan’s fantastic personality shines through every conversation.

“Erin is a pocketful of sunshine,” according to junior Riley Benson. Besides a love for golf, Erin O’Sullivan enjoys jamming to Ed Sheeran’s album “because I get emo as heck to it and you can put that in there,” laughs O’Sullivan. Another love of Erin’s (besides One Direction) would be reading. Her favorite book is The Outsiders by S.E Hinton which she says was hard to choose as she reads all the time. And for anyone wondering, baking is number 13 on her list of favorite things.

O’Sullivan is known for her friendliness. She is on fire (metaphorically of course), this fire is physically represented by her seemingly magical red hair. Look out everyone, Erin O’Sullivan is going places.

Whether it’s the golf course, the library, or a concert, Erin O’Sullivan is simply terrific and brings talent everywhere she goes. “Erin is the most kind-hearted person I have ever met. She is definitely one of a kind,” says junior Kiley Gagain and anyone who has had the blessing of talking to her would surely agree.