FBLA Prepares for a Successful Year

Stephanie Strickland, Reporter

The 2015-16 school year is in full swing and FBLA is gearing up for a successful year. New goals and aspirations have been put in place, so now is the time to act.

Junior Julie Stafford, Reporter for FBLA, is very excited for the upcoming year. Stafford is anxiously awaiting another chance to participate in the States competition. She tells all about her experiences from last year, “I love travelling to a hotel and getting the opportunity to meet so many new people.” Last year, Newsome was represented by numerous students supported by the FBLA Club, with over 150 members. “At States you are forced out of your comfort zone and are able to compete with so many people from all around Florida,” according to Stafford. This year, FBLA hopes to send even more people to this competition. There are over 75 different events to participate in, and Newsome FBLA hopes to broaden their involvement in these events, and therefore become highly ranked at competitions.

Stafford has learned many life skills from her participation in FBLA that she hopes to expand upon in the upcoming year. As the Reporter for FBLA, Stafford is in charge of writing official reports, which gives her exposure of professional writing. Moreover, she has learned how to interact with others in a more mature basis.

“This club teaches kids the skills necessary to develop as a business person and teaches leadership.” Stafford explains how beneficial FBLA is, and encourages students to participate in this club. There are thrilling things being planned for this year, and Julie, along with her fellow officers encourage your participation. Students that are currently enrolled, or planning on being enrolled, in a computer class can join this organization. Stafford, along with the other officers, invite new members to get involved because colleges and careers look for intelligent and experienced students. FBLA is centered on the idea that the future is just as important as the present.