A picture perfect prom

Carolina Fernandez, Reporter

Prom has always been known as the most exclusive high school event, and for Newsome, one of the main parts of this night is taking endless pictures after getting ready. After going through hours of eye shadow blending and of getting burnt by that super hot curling wand, or just simply figuring out how to put on that bowtie, it is totally acceptable to want to see the final look for the night.

Newsome seniors have found the perfect spots with just the right lighting, space and decent-looking backgrounds that fight their standards, just to have the opportunity to look at back at pictures years from now and cherish those special moments just one more time.

Such areas have been discovered by seniors throughout the years, both in the local and regional area. These include, but are not limited to, University of Tampa, with the beautiful bricks and big columns that give just the right city-like atmosphere, FishHawk Lake House, with the bridges and traditional-style cabin for that small-town feel, and overall any environment with abundant, bright-colored trees, flower bushes, or anywhere that is right by the water.

Sophomore Grace Sarkisian and Senior Hunter Bogart enjoyed a dinner at famous Apollo Beach restaurant just before the occasion; “I love taking pictures at Circles,  it provides perfect scenery with the docks and the rosy sunset, and the food there is also great,” Sarkisian says.

Senior Mason Coletta had an inspiring outlook on the subject of prom pictures, “photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film, is captured forever… it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything,” he said, excited to be able to look back at the highlights of high school.

In the end, it’s all about having fun with it, and if taking pictures makes attendees happy, then say cheese!