Cuffing season

Ling Shapiro, Reporter

It’s cuffing season, and chances are, everyone is finding someone willing to date them. Unfortunately, the magic of cuffing season doesn’t always affect everyone, leaving one or two friends out of the experience.  Is it cuffing season because Valentines Day is coming up, or the holiday season just ended and everyone is looking for something new to fill the gap that used to be filled with happiness?

With Valentines Day coming up, couples are springing up out of nowhere. Friends are finding they were right in front of each other the whole time, strangers are bumping into each other and falling in love by chance and everyone seems to be going on a date. Even couples that have been dating for a while are acting a little more lovey-dovey than necessary.

The few single people left are slowly being abandoned by their friends as they all spend more time with their dates than with them. After being ignored and alone, these few stragglers are forced to seek out a another that forgot to get into a relationship.

How long does this era of magic feelings last? An average high school relationship isn’t known to last that long, and cuffing season usually ends as months turn to Spring. The relationships formed that were only meant to conform to the season will slowly dissipate, while those in committed, loving relationships will, hopefully, continue to thrive.