Newsome in New York

Maya James, Reporter

Newsome’s own Journalism and Yearbook students soon will be in The Big Apple for the purpose of furthering their knowledge of writing platforms and getting to experience various writing workshops under the Columbia Scholastic Press Association.

Students will be travelling to Columbia University in the city of New York. There, a wide range of workshops and programs will be offered to students who are looking to broaden their writing horizons.

While in New York, the students will be travelling to Columbus University early in the morning around 8 am, and staying there for about 2 hours. Afterwards, the city is theirs to explore – while staying together and being safe.

All of the students are looking forward to the experience, as for most of them, it’s their first time in New York.

Yearbook student Katelyn Hall says that she “Can’t wait” and has never been to New York before, so she’s very excited.

TV Productions and Yearbook teacher Mr. Govreau will be the head chaperone and planner of the trip, but his wife will also be accompanying him during the trip as a secondary chaperone. There are a total of twelve students going on the trip.

If everything goes as planned, he Yearbook and Journalism students, along with Mr. and Mrs. Govreau, will be arriving in New York City on March 15.

Working hard and learning is the first priority of the trip, but the students will also be taking time to explore the city and visit iconic landmarks such as the 9/11 Memorial and the Statue of Liberty.

The group will be leaving New York on March 20.