Local Families in Need of Your Support

Taylor Mcneff, Social Media Reporter

Most Newsome High School students are raised with privilege… the newest video game or fad, the name brand products and the luxury of not knowing what it is like to truly struggle with the basic essentials of life. Masked behind the stereotype of “wealthy Fishhawk kids”, are families that struggle to make ends meet.

Unlike the copious amounts of meals many students here on campus consume in a day, many students and individuals in this area live with a barren stomach. The constant worry of “when will I eat my next meal” is a prominent thought in many lives today. Most individuals are unaware of the struggle that is going on in their community and how they can make a difference. Newsome senior Blair Bradin states, “I would love to help, but I have no idea how to.”

Many like Blair Bradin are convoluted by the idea that they, as only one person, can’t help make a difference. In contrast to what they might believe, every individual can make a great impact. The Newspaper Staff at Newsome High School will be conducting a canned food drive through the month of October, all proceeds will be collected and given to the local church  Ministry of Hope. These donations will be given to less fortunate families to ensure that they experience a great Thanksgiving.

Show support for your community by donating non-perishable, traditional Thanksgiving foods to room 329 before November 2nd. The benevolent act of providing a few cans of food to this cause can spread joy to many families in this area, please consider the lives of the unfortunate during the holiday season.